Belle Saison yeast
Belle Saison is an ale yeast of Belgian origin selected for its ability to produce great Saison-style beer. The
propagation and drying processes have been specifically designed to deliver high quality beer yeast that can
be used simply and reliably to help produce ales of the finest quality. No colours, preservatives or other unnatural
substances have been used in its preparation. The yeast is produced in ISO 9002-certified plants.
• Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 5 days above 17°C (63°F). Tolerant to very high temperatures up to 32C
High attenuation and high alcohol tolerance.
• Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of wort.
• Low flocculation rate; settling can be promoted by cooling and by using fining agents and isinglass.
• Saison beers are quite unique to brew. During fermentation, cooling is not normally used, allowing temperature of fermentation to increase.
• Aroma is fruity, spicy and peppery due to ester and phenol production, and does not display undesirable
odours when properly handled.