5gm Lalvin 71B-1122 (for Nouveau style wines)
ideal for blush and semi sweet RED, WHITE AND ROSE wines such as
Pinot Gris, Riesling, Grenache, Rosé, Red French Hybrids, American Cultivars, Fruit Wines , Meads and Cider
- isolated by the INRA (National Agricultural Research Institute) in Narbonne, France.
- Known for fermenting fruity rosé wines and semi-sweet whites with a tropical fruit character because it produces long-lived aromas that result from the synthesis of relatively stable esters and higher alcohols.
- Softens high acid musts by partially metabolizing malic acid.
- Sensitive to competitive factors and may have difficulty competing with wild flora. Careful rehydration with Go-Ferm or Go-Ferm Protect and early inoculation will help Lalvin 71B® dominate in competitive conditions.
- Alcohol tolerance up to 14%