DistilaMax® MW -Malt Whiskey Craft Distilling
DistilaMax® MW is an active dry yeast for use in the production of malt whisky by fermentation of wort made from malted barley. It contains a selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae distillers’ yeast in a highly concentrated and stable form.
Temp Range 25°C – 33°C
Scotch style Whisky
DistilaMax® MW has been selected especially for its ability to ferment maltose, maltotriose and other sugars of malted barley.
DistilaMax MW displays a good alcohol tolerance and performs very well up to 15% v/v.
DistilaMax MW is recommended for use in the production of Whisky (Scotch Whisky type), by fermentation of wort made from malted barley.
DistilaMax MW produces a congener profile that is well-suited to malted barley whisky including increased complexity and fruity characters.
DistilaMax® MW produces a spirit with a highly acceptable flavour profile, as adjudged by Malt Whisky Manufacturers.
Sold in 500gm original packaging, and also repacked into 50gm vacuum sealed packages
- DistilaMax® MW is suited for use in most malt whisky alcohol fermentations.
- It is intended for use in fermentations of wort made from malted barley.
- Effective fermentation over a varied range of operational conditions pH tolerance from 3.5-6.0.
- Temperature tolerance from 20°C to 33°C (68°F to 91.4°F).
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Fermentation of malted barley for whisky production: 0.50 - 1.0 grams per litre of wort (dosage: 500 - 1000 ppm)