Briess TORRIFIED wheat
Torrified Wheat is short for Insta Grains® Soft Red Wheat Whole Kernel.
colour 1.5 lovibond
Torrified Wheat has been heat treated to break the cellular structure, allowing more rapid hydration and malt enzymes to more completely attack the starches and protein.
• Torrified Wheat can be used in place of raw wheat when making Belgian-style White and Wit beers.
• Advantages over raw wheat include normal conversion time and higher yield.
• Mill medium coarse.
• Add to the mash along with the malt.
• Mash as usual
• To increase lautering time, include a small amount of rice hulls.
• Can be used up to 40% of the total grist bill.