Briess Carapils Vienna Malt (see recipe)
Made with 100% Briess Goldpils Vienna Malt, this single malt extract is the perfect base for your next batch. Flavour profile is Rich malty flavour with a hint of biscuity notes. Finishes exceptionally clean.Brewing many lager styles was once tricky for the extract brewer, but with CBW Goldpils Vienna liquid malt extract the challenges of brewing a perfect Oktoberfest or Vienna Lager are in the past.
Try our Victorious Vienna Lager
Ingredients: Briess CBW Goldpils Vienna LME, 1lb Briess Caramel Vienna Malt, Hallertau Hops, Fermentis Saflager W 34/70 yeast
Sometimes it's the simplest flavours that make a lager perfect and complex. This recipe is just a few ingredients but it's an excellent showcase for the depth of flavour you'll find in Briess CBW Carapils.
1. Bring 2.5 gallons (10 litres) of water to 154F (67C) and steep Caramel Vienna Malt for 30 minutes.
2. Remove grains and stir in 6.6lbs of CBW Goldpils Vienna LME
3. Bring water to a boil and add 1 oz of Hallertau Hops.
4. After 50 minutes add another 1 oz of Hallertau Hops.
5. Boil 10 minutes and turn off the heat.
6. Cool beer to 56F. (13-14C) transfer to fermenter.
Fill to 5 gal (19 litres) with cold water.
7. Pitch 2 packs of W 34/70 lager Yeast
Fermentation: Primary Fermentation for 2 weeks at 53F (12cC)
Secondary Fermentation 2 weeks at 48F (9C)
OG 1.048 FG 1.012 ABV 4.8% IBU 26