Briess American Rye
One of the finest American whiskey grains. Fire up your new distillery and use it to make a single malt whiskey
Another uniquely Briess specialty malt, Rye malt isn't just for a rye beer style. Although brewing a traditional rye beer is exceptionally rewarding, try adding Rye malt to light and medium coloured and flavoured beers also.
- Rye Malt has a unique spicy rye flavor for the production of rye beer.
- Rye Malt can help build flavor and develop complexity in many beer styles, from medium flavored lagers to dark ales.
- Use in 5% increments until desired flavor is achieved.
- Rye Malt is fully modified. It performs well in a single temperature infusion mash if used at less than 20% of total grist.
- Hulless and with a high beta glucan content, Rye Malt can result in a sticky mash and slow lautering. We recommend adding rice hulls when usage levels approach 20% and supplementing with a betaglucanase enzyme above 35% for manageable lautering.
- 1-3% Adds dryness and a touch of spicy rye flavor and interest to many beer styles, from medium flavored lagers to dark ales
- 5% Rye Pale Ales, Wheat and Smoked Beers
- 10-35% Roggenbier (German Rye Beer), American Rye Beer