Lalbrew Premium Series KOLSCH STYLE ALE YEAST
LalBrew™ Köln Kölsch Style Ale Yeast is ideal for brewing traditional Kölsch-style beers and other neutral ales. The neutral character of this strain accentuates delicate hop aromas while imparting subtle fruity esters.
Through expression of a β-glucosidase enzyme, Köln can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma.
Colder fermentations will be more neutral in character, while warmer fermentations will have a more fruit-forward ester profile.
In Lallemand Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew Köln yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains. This is perfectly characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to High Attenuation and Medium Flocculation
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrewTM Köln yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C (59°F)* to 22°C (72°F)
- Lag phase can be longer compared to other ale strains, ranging from 24-36 hours
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
11gm Vacuum sealed Sachet: current stock best before 02-2021